The Plan’s geographic breakdown corresponds to the regional and jurisdictional approach used by the statewide EMS system, as well as the approach used for county health departments. The following regions and jurisdictions are proposed:
- Region I: composed of the jurisdictions of Garrett and Allegany counties.
- Region II: composed of the jurisdictions of Washington and Frederick counties.
- Region III A: composed of the jurisdictions of Baltimore City and Baltimore County.
Region III B: composed of the jurisdictions of Harford, Carroll, Howard, and Anne Arundel counties.
- Region IV: composed of the jurisdictions of Cecil, Kent, Queen Anne’s, Talbot, Caroline, Dorchester, Wicomico, Somerset, and Worcester counties.
- Region V A: composed of the jurisdictions of Montgomery and Prince George’s counties.
Region V B: composed of the jurisdictions of Charles, Calvert, and St. Mary’s counties.
Within each jurisdiction, hospitals may be further sub-grouped based on geographic proximity, if necessary.
The successful implementation of this Plan is dependent upon the cooperation and support of all parties involved including EMS, hospitals, healthcare providers, and state and local health agencies. The Plan strategies are to be used as guidelines for consideration and should not be considered all- inclusive. Events that require strategies beyond this Plan, will be managed utilizing the state disaster plans for WMD, etc.